Thursday, 7 April 2016

The Liebster Award


The Liebster Award is like a tag in which blogs with less than 300 followers answer questions and nominate other bloggers to do the same to connect with each other. I have been kindly nominated by the lovely Filippa and I apologise now for taking so long to answer these questions! Better late than never!



Why did you start blogging?
There are a number of reasons why I started blogging:
1. I wanted to start a youtube channel but I didn't (still don't!) have the confidence to speak in front of a camera.
2. I love the idea of having my own space to express myself without people I have on my personal Instagram, Facebook etc judging me.
3. I love writing!

What's your best tips on how to stay organised when blogging?
In short on how I stay organised...I'm not. It might seem strange to you but I don't like to have a set time or day to post because I just feel like I'm under so much pressure to write something that I end up procrastinating to the extreme or writing something of poor quality and deleting it a week or two later.

Who is the one person, living or dead, that you would like to meet and why?
I have never met one of my granddads so I would love to meet him!

What is your dream job?
If it was possible to be a S.H.I.E.L.D agent, I would sign up straight away. As for a real job, I would love to be an author (despite how unlikely that is). 

What is your favourite social media platform and why?
I love instagram, but I really like twitter because it's a fast way to communicate with people. I don't have to spend loads of time writing a tweet like I spend editing photos for instagram.

How did you choose the blog name you have?
I'll let you all in on a secret...my name is Caitlin and my middle name is Lucy. Shocking, right?

What is your favourite quote?
"Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for a spider is chaos for the fly." 

What do you like about blogging?
Having a space to share my thoughts with people.

What do you dislike about blogging?
Trying to fix any errors. Sometimes my pictures won't show or people can't see my instagram and it drives me insane to try and fix it!

What is your favourite TV series?
Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead.

What is your favourite of the blog posts you've written?
Probably the downsides of being quiet. It's actually my most popular post (surprisingly!) and it's the most honest I've ever been in a blog post. I was really nervous when posting it but after the positive response it gave me more confidence in what I want to write.

To answer my 11 questions I nominate:

For the Liebster award you are supposed to nominate 11 bloggers but most of the blogs under 300 followers that I read have already been nominated. However, if you are under 300 followers and have not been nominated, answer these questions anyway and leave a comment below for me to check out your blog :)

Questions:

1. What keeps you motivated to blog?
2. What do you think is the hardest thing about blogging?
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
4. What is your favourite book?
5. What is your favourite restaurant?
6. Milkshakes, cold coffee or smoothies?
7. What is your favourite season and why?
8. What is/was your favourite subject in school?
9. What languages can you speak?
10. What is your favourite blog post that you have written?
11. If you could be any animal for a day what would you be?
 
Rules:
1. You have to mention and thank the blog that nominated you in a blog post.
2. You have to answer the questions asked to you in a blog post.
3. You have to nominate 11 new bloggers (whoops).
4. You have to set 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
 
Thank you all for reading and I'm looking forward to reading the responses of the nominees :)
 


4 comments:

  1. Loved the answers Caitlin! Relate and agree to many of them, I'd love to be an author some day as well and fixing blog errors drives me MAD, it's ridiculous, haha! Also love, and it makes me so happy, that you posted something a bit more personal and came out more comfortable, I haven't personally really posted anything personal yet but I can imagine everyone being supportive about it - the blogging community tends to be! :) And I agree with you that setting a date and being super organized isn't something that really works for everyone, it stresses me out really bad at times and it sort of makes it a lot harder to enjoy blogging! I can't wait for the day you feel comfortable enough to post your first youtube video, I'll be there to watch it and I'm sure it'll be amazing! xx

    Filippa ⎮ Always a Dot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment fillipa, I think I might cry! I'm starting to be a lot more confident in my blogging and it's making me feel like a happier person in every day life knowing that people relate to a lot of things I do. I have noticed that the blogging community is really supportive and welcoming - a lot more than I thought it would be. I hope you become more comfortable with writing personal posts because they can lift serious weights off your shoulders. Thank you again for your lovely comment! Xx

      Delete
  2. Aaah, thank you so much, lovely! Off to write them now eek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, you deserve it! I look forward to reading it :)

      Delete