Sunday, 15 May 2016

My Favourite Books

First of all, I apologise for not writing anything for a month, I have had a TON of school work with mocks coming up in a couple of weeks, and I've been spending my free time writing a story.
Now, I have taken a step back and today I am going to dive into reading instead of writing and I am going to share with you all my favourite books.


1. The Saga of Darren Shan
These books are my all-time FAVOURITES. I can't get over how good the storyline is and how well it is written. There's no lengthy chunks of overwhelming description which leaves more to the imagination and allows you to quickly progress with meeting the characters and dive straight into action. My favourite book in the series is "vampire mountain" which is the 4th book in the saga. It had everything that I love: training for fights, intense scenes of action, character development, small bits of humour. It's everything that I think a book should be and I spent my entire holiday with my family reading all twelve of them (yes, there's twelve excluding the spin-off which I will get to in a minute).
Genre: Horror
Author: Darren Shan

2. The Saga of Larten Crepsley.
Yes, I'm obsessed with Darren Shan's books. Written in a similar way, the spin-off to the saga of Darren Shan shows the past of Darren's secretive mentor: Mr Crepsley. It shows how Larten went from being an innocent boy working in a factory for a cruel foreman, to becoming the person he is in the original saga. 
Genre: Horror
Author: Darren Shan

3. The Witch Finder
I was in WHSmith when I just happened to stumble across this book on the shelf. This story is about the love story of Luke and Rosa. Luke, is a witch finder who is sent on his first hunt to find and kill the young witch Rosa, who is engaged to the frightening warlock Sebastian. You're probably rolling your eyes right now but trust me, I actually enjoyed it! It's one of those books where you have to read it to understand how good it is. I have also bought the sequel, which I have nearly finished, but it is not as intriguing as the first one but, then again, books usually aren't.
Genre: Romance/Fantasy?
Author: Ruth Warburton

I am currently reading A LOT of books at once. I have this problem where I will buy a book, start to read it, and then buy another book which I will start to read and the cycle continues. 
What are your favourite books that you have read from cover to cover? Have you read any of the books that I have recommended? 

No comments:

Post a Comment